Ipswich Central will be a digitally integrated entertainment, civic and retail precinct with new technologies connecting people to commercial, community and Council services and spaces.
- Create an enduring and thriving civic heart for the City of Ipswich.
- Provide a civic, cultural and entertainment precinct that supports and reinforces rather than compete with other more retail-focused centres.
- Ensure that existing major service providers and employers in the Ipswich CBD are secured and provided with growth opportunities.
- Relocate council’s administration centre to the new civic heart.
- Empower private sector investors and occupiers to renew and enliven the retail and entertainment sites.
- Set a resilient framework for other significant projects.